Pleasant Greetings ZUFIAW member,
ZUFIAW in 2021 as per article 10 of the union constitution held its 13th Quadrennial Conference at Mika Convention Centre, Lusaka. The conference was held between 16th and 18th December under them: –
“The Future of work, Trade Unionism in work 4.0 and Job security amidst COVID 19”
The former National Executive Council, District and Branch Committees and the Women’s Committees deliberated over several key issues affecting the union that was presented to the conference.
The resolutions will soon be made available on our website www.zufiaw.org.
For the general membership here is a direct link to watch the outgoing General Secretary Chingati Msiska’s report for the period 2018 to 2021.
https://youtu.be/ecupq91K_Mk or https://www.zufiaw.org/quadrennial/
A Quadrennial conference is an elective conference, and a new crop was democratically elected from the delegation at the conference.
We are therefore pleased to inform you that the following members of the union were elected into the National Executive Council: –
- Mr. Alfred Chifota Union President (NAPSA)
- Mr. Charles Mukuka Vice President (BOZ)
- Mr. Kasapo Kabende General Secretary (ABSA)
- Mrs. Christabel Bwalya Deputy General Secretary (Org and recruit) (ZSIC GI)
- Mr. Ceaser Moyo Deputy General Secretary (Fin & Invt) (NAPSA)
- Ms. Marina Kabonga National Trustee. (IZB)
- Mr. Katili Mpasela National Trustee. (FAB)
- Mr.Tyson Chanda kirk National Trustee.(IZB)
We trust that you will give them your usual support for them to carry out their duties effectively and efficiently