WHAT IS IT?
The ZUFIAW Informal Sector Desk was established in 1998 with a view to enable former employees in the financial and banking sector to refocus their future and live better lives. The Desk is not only limited to those that are out of employment but even those that are still in employment to get prepared for any eventualities.
In line with its objectives, ZUFIAW Informal Sector Desk intends to embark on programs that will empower its members in business with a bearing on technological advances through information dissemination, skills development and capacity building for the improvement of members’ businesses.
We envisage a Zambia which will be economically independent with its own indigenous successful business men, women and youth.
To correct imbalances in the international economic arena by fully integrating women , men and the youth in the main stream of the economic activity at national, regional and international levels by empowering them with skills and help them with access to market and finance.
BENEFITS OF BELONGING TO THE DESK
- To assist workers prepare for life after formal employment.
- Equip former financial institution employees and those that are still in employment with alternative skills to refocus on their future.
- Identify training needs for members and provide the same through established business development service providers
- Assist members access loans from micro finance lending institutions and Government donor agencies.
- Provide business linkages and consultancy services where necessary.
2,804 total views, 1 views today